Wednesday, June 11, 2014

My Review of Movie Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty

madfilm.org



Holiday: ASoldier Is Never Off Duty released on 06 June 2014. Few of mine friends who went to first day first show described it as a good cinema with fast pacing story which they found didn’t needed a single song. Like average Indian I watched this movie with high recommendations and here is what I have to say:-

 Akshay and Freddy Daruwala (the villain) have seriously done a good job. Sonakshi Sinha which I found was not a big demand of the script indeed was a marvel. Govinda to me was a misfit for the role because of his physique was not appealing to me as a good army man.

Sumeet Raghvan is one of my favorite actors since Sarabhai vs Sarabhai (2005) .  This was a pure delight to see him on the big screen and was appropriate to his role of a dutiful Cop.

Let’s talk about story. It focuses mainly on sleeper cells of terrorist group, was a bit exaggerating and felt too much emphasis has been given to them which was not necessary to the extent. As mentioned earlier story is fast paced but gets more interesting in second half of the movie.

Gimmicks of Akshay to outrun the terrorists with his wit is all together a new spice but reminds me of movie Indian (2001) featuring SunnyDeol. The coolness and calmness of his character in tough times is something I found realistically necessary for such a person who is working with an Intelligence Agency.  

Picturization/Cinematography is good. Music is soothing to ears and overall the movie is entertaining, inspiring, motivating and fills you with a patriotism and feelings for the brave soldiers of the Indian Army.

No comments:

Post a Comment